In case you are new to our church, VBS is a time where kids gather from around Hampton Roads for a week of fun AND learning about Jesus! This year, they will discover that Jesus’ love provides a foundation that will last. Just like you, every kid is a work in progress. Life is not easy! Every season continues to be a hard hat zone. This year, every kiddo will see and hear about God’s everlasting love for us that will never fail!
With VBS only 5 days away, our church is buzzing with excitement about all that God will do next week! If you are still on the fence about being involved with VBS, here are 5 reasons you need to say YES to VBS!
1. Snack time. Certainly, snacks themselves are not the most important reason to say YES to VBS. And it is likely that I thought of this first because I am hungry as I am writing this. But the snacks are just what is being devoured while you hear the laughter of kids and the conversations about their day. The snacks are awesome, but snack time is one of my favorite times to see and hear how God is working in the lives of each kid!
2. Running in the hallways. While we encourage every child to walk and not run, it is inevitable that some of them will run through the hallways of our church at some point. Why is this a reason you should say YES to VBS? Well, you’ll get to see what they are running for! They’ll run because they are excited about the next activity. They’ll run because they can’t wait to get to the big room for worship time. They’ll run so that they can catch up with their new friend. While our adult leaders are helping maintain order, inevitably some of the kids will get so excited they will run through the hallways. This is something you will get to see if you say YES to VBS!
3. Songs with motions. If you are like me, you might still be carrying a few holiday pounds. Songs with motions are a cardio workout! You’ll get to burn some extra calories AND worship God AND have fun at the same time. This, my friends, is what is called a win/win/win. Do you want to be a winner? Then say YES to VBS!
4. Conversations with kids. Whether or not you have your own children, there is something different about having conversations with kids that are not in your family. You’ll be surprised how much they open up, what you learn about them, and what the world is like through their eyes. One of the best parts of VBS is hearing how a child is processing their life, then helping them process it through the lens of the Gospel. You want to have these kinds of conversations! They will bless your life and better your own walk with Christ! Do you want to be blessed by conversations with kiddos? Then say YES to VBS!
5. The Gospel. This is the greatest reason to say YES to VBS! If it has been a while since you have seen someone believe the Gospel for the very first time, VBS is where you need to be! The Lord is gracious and moves as He will, but I have never seen a VBS where God does not move to help people know and believe in the Gospel. It’s incredible! Do you want to witness firsthand the work of God through the Gospel? Then say YES to VBS!
So there you go! Say YES to VBS! There will be snacks, running, songs with motions, conversations with kiddos, and the Gospel through all of it. You don’t want to miss this week!
Check out http://firstnorfolk.org/vbs for more info or to register!