The Campus Catalyst Town Hall on Sunday night, Aug. 28, provided details and updates on the VDOT highway project. Pastor Eric started the special meeting by first looking to Scripture:
“Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.” – 1 Chronicles 28:20 (ESV)
As VDOT builds an interstate flyover during the next few years, the construction process will impact our campus. Though there will be challenges for us as a church, it is also an opportunity to see how God is calling us in this moment to accomplish His mission in Hampton Roads and around the world.
Here are some quick facts discussed in the meeting:
- The Maintenance Building contents have been moved.
- The new HVAC system should be completed by mid-September.
- The church’s attorneys are negotiating easements with VDOT.
- The Detail Team is working on parking strategy.
- VDOT will be putting up fences for the construction areas in October or November.
In addition, here is our process for handling these changes:
- The Detail Team is working on proposals for immediate needs.
- The Vision Team is developing 90-day, one-year, three-year, and 10-year plans.
- Church attorneys are negotiating with VDOT.
Please pray for God’s favor as our attorneys negotiate easements with VDOT, and that they will find the best solution for our church. Pray for our Detail Team and Vision Team as they continue to develop plans and strategies moving forward.
Although these changes will require us to make some sacrifices, Pastor Eric said he believes what we’re about to go through is going to make us a healthier body of believers who can accomplish God’s mission.
Our next Campus Catalyst Town Hall meeting will take place in September (details coming soon).