The hearing for a continuance with VDOT was moved from Friday, June 30, to Thursday, July 6. It will be held at 2:00 PM at the Norfolk Circuit Courthouse, Courtroom 4B (Judge Jerrauld Jones). We would like for as many of our members as possible to attend the hearing to demonstrate support of First Baptist Norfolk’s opposition to the motion for continuance.
If you are able attend, here are some basic guidelines:
- Have your photo ID (driver’s license) with you, but do not bring other items into the courthouse.
Leave phones, laptops, food, drinks, bags, etc. behind as they are not permitted through security.
- Please be in Courtroom 4B (Judge Jerrauld Jones) in the Norfolk Circuit Courthouse by 1:00 PM.
- The Norfolk Circuit Courthouse is located at 150 St. Paul’s Boulevard. Parking is available for the courthouse at the Commercial Place Garage (520 E Main Street, Norfolk) and the Dominion Tower Parking Garage (999 Waterside Drive, Norfolk).
- The church will be renting two buses, departing from the church at 12:30 PM. Seating on these buses is first come, first served.
- You are also welcome to park at the church and ride The Tide to the Civic Plaza Station.